Domino’s original vegan pizza line up were released in the summer of 2020, a long time behind the likes of Papa John’s and Pizza Hut. The original line up included the Vegan Margherita, the Vegan Vegi Surpreme and a Vegan Garlic and Herb Dip (plus Potato Wedges).
Originally, both of these pizzas were only available in Medium Classic Crust. But as of January 2021, both are available as large Italian Crust pizzas alongside 2021’s new Chick-Ain’t pizza, which we’ve also reviewed.
DOMINO’S VEGAN MARGHERITA OVERALL SCORE: ★★★★★
Despite the new additions, the vegan margherita is probably our favourite of the whole Domino’s Vegan Range
THE GOOD BITS
The best of the bunch. As an underdog, it’s easy to look past Domino’s Vegan Margherita. But we honestly believe it’s the best of the (now) three options.
- It’s simple and delicious. It showcases what Domino’s does best, their bases and sauces.
- The addition of the fresh tomatoes really freshen up this pizza, making it light and moreish in comparison with the other Domino’s options.
- The freshness of the tomatoes combined with Domino’s tomato sauce and herbs over the top really packs a punch – saving this pizza from the risk of being ‘the boring option’.
- The cheese Domino’s is using is their own brand and is much milder and (in our opinion) more palatable than Papa John’s Sheese and Pizza Hut’s Violife – which we’ve found too overpowering and sticks to our teeth!
THE BAD BITS
Now for the bad bits. The importance of these will depend on who you are and what you like.
- For some people margherita just isn’t an option. We get it. We’ll concede, it is a *bit* boring.
- It might taste fresh, but it can never compete with a wood-fired pizza from a local pizzeria.
- Domino’s is pricey. All of the main pizza chains are expensive compared with supermarket options or even restaurant prices. Voucher codes are essential.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON DOMINO’S VEGAN MARGHERITA
Get yourself a voucher code and you’re away. If you have any reservations about vegan cheese (the odd smell, the stickiness or the look of it) we’d recommend Domino’s over Pizza Hut or Papa John’s any day. If you can get over the fact that this is a Margherita, then we say give it a go. It’s fresh, delicious and, in our opinion, the tastiest option on Domino’s vegan menu.
Love Vegan Snacks?
Snacks like this is why we created Vegan Junk Box – the vegan snack subscription box dedicated to finding the tastiest, dirtiest, most joyful vegan snacks the world has to offer. All taste-tested so you don’t have to.
Get 20% off your first Vegan Junk Box with code: JUNKBOX20.
NUTRITIONALLY VACANT STATEMENT
Warning! Junk food may be nutritionally vacant. Eat your greens. Reds, oranges and purples too. Oh, and do some exercise. All we know is that we’d rather have one chocolate bar a week and REALLY enjoy it, than munch on some dusty old cr*p masquerading as a “treat”. Live a little! Just not too much…