Someone get the guys and girls at Manner a sticker, a trophy, or even the nobel prize for snacks. Because lordy-lordy, these neapolitan wafers are damn tasty – some may even say that they’re junkalicious? I’ll just leave that there to stew for a second…
We were a little hesitant at first because although they looked good, wafers sometimes have the tendency to be dry. Thankfully, we were wrong.
Manner Neapolitan Wafers OVERALL Score: ★★★★★
If we could give more than 5 stars we would. I mean, we can, we developed the scoring system and we could change it. I just can’t be bothered. Let’s look at why these delicious little nuggets of pleasure scored so well overall.
The Good Bits
It’s all good – feel free to skip right past this and just go buy some!
- The packaging and the product both look great. Simple, but great nonetheless.
- The taste is amazing, think Nutella sandwiched between wafers. This snack is definitely greater than the sum of its parts!
- Texture-wise the wafers and crunchy and crisp while the filling makes them super creamy. This makes them moist enough (sorry) to eat on their own.
- They are light as a feather! You almost don’t realise that you are eating them – which we found to be pretty dangerous.
- You get 10 small wafers in a pack and you’re probably paying under £1 for them. That is great value in our books!
The Bad Bits
There’s no point getting into a list, we only have one very very small complaint, they are (or at least we consider them to be) slightly, and I mean ever so slightly, too sweet. But have these with a cup of tea or coffee and you’re laughing. You could do some serious damage to a crate of these bad boys – no problems. I mean don’t, that’s not a good idea. But you definitely could.
Final Thoughts on Manner Neapolitan Wafers
Overall, these things are a perfect chocolatey-wafery snack for
all of the occasions any occasion and all day every day any time of day. We would never get bored of these and would forever feel lucky to have a packet of these when we need a snacky-snack!
Love Vegan Snacks?
Snacks like this is why we created Vegan Junk Box – the vegan snack subscription box dedicated to finding the tastiest, dirtiest, most joyful vegan snacks the world has to offer. All taste-tested so you don’t have to.
Get 20% off your first Vegan Junk Box with code: JUNKBOX20.
Nutritionally Vacant Statement
Warning! Junk food may be nutritionally vacant. Eat your greens. Reds, oranges and purples too. Oh, and do some exercise. All we know is that we’d rather have one chocolate bar a week and REALLY enjoy it, than munch on some dusty old cr*p masquerading as a “treat”. Live a little! Just not too much…